Since our beginning, volunteers have been the backbone of RAC’s success. Each year we rely on hundreds of volunteers to keep our daily operations, exhibitions and special events running smoothly.
You can share your talents and energy or hone your skills, while enjoying the camaraderie of other volunteers -- gallery-sit, coordinate hospitality for receptions, help receive and install exhibits, organize special events and fundraisers, assist with maintenance and pitch in on other assignments.
During our 50-plus years, RAC has always been a very sociable place. Volunteering can be fun and is a great way to work with old friends and meet new people. As a volunteer you participate in and support our activities while sharing time with others who also create and enjoy the arts.
Click for Volunteer Form
Sunday, May 26 - Art in Pinkney Park
9:00-10:00 am - Strong people with large vehicle to deliver 2 tents to Pinkney Park and set up.
10:45 am-1:00 pm - Rowayton resident who can get to RAC (because of the parade) to gallery sit.
4:00-5:00 pm - Help take down 2 tents.
Saturday, June 1 - ART & MUSIC RAC-fest
11:00 am-1:00 pm - Help RAC interns learn how to hang "Paint Rowayton" show in Portside Gallery.
12:00-1:00 pm - Help set up racks, tables and art activities for RAC-fest.
- Gallery Sitters (Sundays -- 1:00-4:00 p.m. -- April-December) – welcome visitors, provide information, complete sales.
- Exhibit Assistants – receive and record artwork entries; help hang artwork for exhibitions.
- Reception Hospitality – set up, replenish food/beverages and clean up for a RAC exhibition or show reception.
- Beverage Servers for RAC exhibition or show receptions.
- Special Event/Program Greeters – welcome participants and collect admission fee for Open Chantey Sing, ATRAC artist talks, lectures, other activities.
- Materials Delivery – drop off RAC brochures, flyers and other promotional materials at the Tourism Center in Mathews Park, local libraries, City Hall and other venues.
- Volunteer Contact -- make initial calls to RAC exhibiting members re: current volunteer opportunities (information provided by RAC office and Program Liaison).
- Graphic Artists – design materials for RAC special events and other activities.
- Marketing Committee – develop a plan for spreading the word about RAC through the internet, direct mail and other resources.
Click for Volunteer Form
For details about all Volunteer opportunities, contact Deb Randall, the RAC Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.